We recognize the sacrifice veterans make to serve their country and we are committed to honoring veterans and their families. Let us know if your loved one was a veteran and we will take care of the details. The funeral director will research and apply for any county or federal veteran's benefits your loved one is eligible for. Our staff has a good relationship with local VFW Posts and American Legion Honor Guards and will work with them in setting up the perfect military honor service.
Veteran's Services and Benefits
If your loved one was a veteran, we want to be certain you and your family receive all the honors and benefits he or she earned through military service to our country. The staff at Bauer Funeral Homes is thoroughly familiar with the details of military funerals and have a complete selection of accessories dedicated to honoring veterans.
Please notify your funeral director of your loved one's service time and whether they were receiving any pensions or disability pay from the Veterans Administration.
We Are Here to Help
Some of the assistance we provide to families of veterans includes:
- Reviewing benefits, to guide funeral plans and avoid unnecessary spending.
- Obtaining the U. S. Flag to drape the casket or accompany the urn of a deceased veteran.
- Arranging for the honor guard and coordinating the details of the honor guard service.
- Coordinating with the local veteran's office and national cemeteries.
- Assisting families in completing the necessary forms and paperwork to apply for specific benefits (including cemetery space or a headstone or other marker, if applicable).
Contacting Veterans Affairs
If you have any additional questions, you may call your funeral director or your local veteran's office.
- Armstrong County Veterans Affairs office - 724-548-3441
- Butler County Veteran Affairs office - 724-284-5352
- Clarion County Veteran Affairs office - 814-226-4000 ext. 2601
- Indiana County Veteran Affairs office - 724-465-3815
You may also check the Veteran's web page at www.va.gov
The closest national cemetery to our funeral homes is the National Cemetery of the Alleghenies located in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania.
If you are looking for the grave of a deceased service member, you may want to visit the Department of Veterans Affairs Nationwide Gravesite Locator.